Trade-in Your Working Electronics
Trading up is fast and easy at Tekserve. Save yourself some money and put your old electronics to good use (instead of the landfill). You can trade-in any of the following devices for instant credit towards a new purchase or a Tekserve gift card.
Trade-in These Devices
- Apple Computers
- Windows Computers from major manufacturers (Dell, HP, Sony, and more)
- Cell Phones
- Apple iDevices (iPod, iPhone, iPad)
View Your Device's Value Using our Online Trade-in Estimate Tool
You can view your estimated trade-in amount here and then decide to bring it into Tekserve or receive free shipping labels to send it to our trade-in partner directly.
Recycling For Broken or Older Devices
If your device is not accepted by our trade-in partner (check here), we can recycle the item for you, as long as you are buying a replacement from Tekserve. If you don't plan to purchase a new device at Tekserve, please bring it to our next Electronics Recycling Event.
How The Trade-in Process Works
1. Back-up & Unlock Your Device
You can either back-up your device before you bring it in or plan to apply some of your trade-in credit towards having your data transferred to the new device. If you have a password protecting your device, turn it off now. After you back-up, you can have part of your trade-in value applied to securely erasing your device at Tekserve or do it yourself at home.
- Apple Computers: Create a complete bootable clone backup or use Time Machine to backup your data to an external hard drive.
- Windows Computers: Use the built-in backup tools in Windows 7 or Windows XP or a third-party utility of your choice.
- Cell Phones: If you're buying a new Verizon cell phone from Tekserve, we'll transfer your contacts for you. Otherwise, check your carrier's or manufacturer's instructions for how to backup your phone.
- Apple iDevice: Sync your iPod, iPhone, or iPad with iTunes to backup all your current songs, settings, and Apps. Read Apple's syncing instructions. These devices must be synced with your computer's iTunes in order to keep all your playlists, contacts, and Apps.
2. Bring Your Device Into Tekserve or Trade it in Online
Bring your old device into Tekserve (hours & directions) with as many of its original accessories as possible: box, power cord, keyboard, and mouse. We can not accept desktop computers without the original shipping box, if the value is $50 or less (but we can recycle it for free).
Our staff will have the device tested and give you a final trade-in offer based on the device's condition and accessories included. If you accept the offer, your trade-in credit will be instantly applied towards a new purchase or a Tekserve gift card (gift cards never expire).
To get a ball-park estimate of what your device might be worth before coming in, please use our trade-in estimate tool to get an instant quote. Please note that trade-in prices change daily so you'll want to come in as soon as possible after you see the trade-in value on your screen. (You don't need to accept the trade-in offer online unless you'd prefer to ship your device yourself instead of coming into Tekserve.)
New! Instead of visiting Tekserve, you can use our online trade-in estimate tool to print a pre-paid FedEx shipping label and mail in your device. You'll receive a Tekserve gift card in 3-6 weeks. Tekserve gift cards can be used over the phone or in-store.
3. Choose a New Device or Get A Tekserve Gift Card
Tekserve carries the largest selection of custom-configured Mac models in NYC plus Verizon cell phones like the iPhone, the iPad, and the iPod. If you've already backed up your device, you'll leave with a brand new one or Tekserve gift card. If you'd like us to transfer your data from the old computer onto the new Mac, it takes about 24 hours.